Wednesday 2 November 2016

The X Factor: James Arthur

James Arthur

Copy and paste the below tasks into a Word document and save into a folder entitled 'The X Factor' as 'The X Factor: James Arthur.'

Task One
Watch the clip of X Factor contestant James Arthur being interviewed, and performing, on the show (via the above link). In the right hand column, either answer the question or explain the quotation (quotations are in italics) in your own words.

     a.   Where’s he from?

  b. It isn’t the Ritz, more like a bedsit than a flat. (Explain)

     c.    What happened when he was really young?

     d.     I went off the rails (Explain)

     e.     What happened at school?

    f.   I ended up, like, sleeping rough sometimes so I volunteered myself into foster care. (Explain)

     g.     Music was a coping mechanism. (Explain)

     h.     Why was it a special day for James’ family?

     i.     If anyone dares touch what you do… you should be very proud today. (Explain)

     j.   What does Louis (the grey haired judge) tell him?

     k.   I’m unbelievably overwhelmed right now (Explain)

     l.   What surprised Tulisa about James’ version of  her song


Task  Two
Listen carefully to James' performance and fill in the missing words in the lyrics below.

I said _(1)___________us for what we have done,
We're young, we're young, we're young.
I said, 
_(2)__________ us for what we have done,
Oh we're young.
Ah ah, yeah.
I made a lot of _(3)__________in my (4)______,
But I 
(5)__________ to live there, nah.
I saw a lot of 
(6)_____________ in the past,
But I 
(7)_________to go there, ahh.
It hurts too much,
I’m looking for a 
_(8)__________,
I’m looking for just any girl just for a touch.
I let my 
 (9)_________ out,
I let myself go,
And when I let myself down, I 
(10)_________ it out.
Baby girl I’d like to dance, ah,
But I’m just looking for a 
 (11)________  _(12)_____________.
What’s wrong with that? I’m young, forgive me,
I live 
 (13)______ die a legend, ohh Whitney…Forgive us for what we have (14)______,


We're young, we're young, we're young.
Forgive us for what we have done,
We're young, we're 
(15)_________, we're young.

No comments:

Post a Comment