Wednesday 9 November 2016

The X Factor: Tamera Foster

Image result for tamera foster x factor



Copy and paste the below sentences into a Word document. Then watch contestant Tamera Foster's first appearance on the X Factor via the link above and then fill in the blanks in the text.

You should aim to use some of the vocabulary from this exercise in your writing exam next week.

Before the performance…
Tamera’s mum: Just ______ they’re not out there. Sing like you’re at home.
Tamera: Most of my family’s here to ______________ me. My grandma’s my number one fan.
Tamera: The only    _____          I’ve ever done are, like,  in school ____________. That’s all I’ve done!
Elliot Canavan Doyle is a _______. What does this mean?
Sharon to Elliot: I really think that you need to go and _______ more time on your craft
Tamera: I’m feeling really scared about ________ judged… ____ my own!    
Tamera: This is so _______
It’s been  _________ ______, and it’s just so much to take ___, there’s so many of you.
Sharon: So what’s the song you’ve _______________ for us?

On stage...
How do the producers of the show add drama to the moment when Tamera stops singing? Make at least three points.
1)
2)
3)
Louis: She’s gone _______ on her words.
Sharon: She’s gone ________.

The judges' verdicts...
Gary: Umm, Tamira, it was ___ _____ _____ perfect ok. But what we see here right now is _______    ______  belief. That was ________ and _____________.
Sharon: Tamira, can you just _____ me…. How old are you? … You take ____ ___  _____ away. So many people wanna be Whitney, but her songs are so _________   and I thought, you’re gonna ________ it. You were _______________.
Nicole: You’re still young, you have a lot to ____  __ because some  of it is a little _____ __ ________ ….. but you have a ______ and  ______; you’re a star.
Louis: …If you get your ____ _______, you are the best – you are _____________.
Gary: Alright, ______ we vote? ________ start with Nicole.
Nicole: It’s an _____ ______ ______ me.
Sharon: Tamera, if you forget your lyrics in bootcamp, I will ______ you. With a big ______.
Louis: This could be the first day of an amazing _____________ for you. Don’t _______ ___ ___. You’ve got four _________ yeses.

After the performance:
Louis: I am ___________.
Tamera: I’m just ________________, I’m so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment